Do you enjoy video editing? Or perhaps ponies and music? Maybe all three! Or maybe you just like to watch music videos of your favorite fluff balls? Then the Pony Music Video (PMV) contest is for you! Submissions to the Everfree Northwest 2018 PMV contest are officially open and we encourage everyone with interest to submit their works! Even if you don’t want to submit anything, everyone is free to attend the live judging at the con. But that’s not all! The winner of the contest will have a modified 30 second preview shared at the closing ceremonies! We’re not able to show a complete PMV even if we shorten the required duration to 4 minutes, so we’ll just be doing a 30 second highlight preview with a name drop on social media. Further prizes are being considered. So what are you waiting for? Get to editing!
- A Pony Music Video (PMV) is a video comprised of customized animations and/or scenes directly from the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic synced up to a fitting musical selection of choice. While content from outside of My Little Pony is not strictly forbidden, this is primarily a Pony Convention and a contest for Pony Music Videos. Keep this in mind, but feel free to include footage from other age appropriate content within reason.
- Song choice must be family friendly, i.e. no profanities or ‘nsfw’ content. Keep it clean so your video can be enjoyed by all attendees, including foals. Any genre is acceptable! Feel free to edit songs and create mashups as you feel fit for your video.
- Video duration must be between one and six minutes of length. If the song you NEED to use is too long, please edit properly to fit the duration.
- Only one video entry allowed per person. This includes team pieces.
- To ensure fairness among all contenders, staff members are excluded from entry.
- All submissions must be submitted before 11:59 PM (-8:00 GMT) on May 11th, 2018
- All submissions must be uploaded as an Unlisted Video to YouTube
- Video must not contain excessive still images, i.e. no more than ten seconds combined still images per video. The purpose of this content is to find talented, creative individuals and not to view slideshows to people’s favorite music. However, using vectors in creative ways is acceptable, such as the way the vectors were modified and used with parallax and papercraft effects in this incredible PMV in the example below: