Ready to show off your cosplay to the world? Everfree Northwest’s annual Cosplay Contest has returned once again for 2018!
Cosplay Contest Pre-Judging Room: Cadance Time: Saturday, 12:30am - 1:30pm
Cosplay Contest Room: Mane Stage Time: Saturday, 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Everfree Cosplay Contest Guidelines
- You MUST show up at Pre-Judging to enter the cosplay contest. Please be early or on time – we will have instructions at the beginning. You will meet one-on-one with our judges who will look at your cosplay and ask you about what you plan to do on stage.
- Everfree Northwest is a My Little Pony convention. Cosplays must be of canon characters from any generation of My Little Pony, Equestria Girls or any of the EFNW OCs. Other OCs whether personal or fandom recognized and characters that are not MLP will not be accepted. Crossovers are acceptable as long as the character you are portraying is from the MLP universe – for example, Sailor Pinkie Pie is acceptable; Sailor Moon with pony ears will not pass prejudging.
- You must be in a cosplay – it can be handmade, closet cosplay or commissioned (please give credit to the costume creator by telling us who made it). T-shirts or hoodies from a store with pony ears/wings are not cosplay.
- We have a limited amount of time which means a limited amount of 70 spaces. If you are chosen to participate in the contest, you will receive a number, which will be your placeholder in line. Please start lining up at least 10 minutes prior to the contest.
- Groups are allowed and will be judged as a group, not individuals.
- Everfree Northwest is a family friendly convention and your cosplay and conduct on stage needs to reflect that. Any cosplay that violates the dress code will not be allowed in the contest and you may be asked to modify your cosplay to comply with the dress code for the rest of the convention. Any inappropriate behavior on stage will result in disqualification.
- Foals (Children) are those who are 12 and under. Teens are those from age 13-17. All others (18+) will be in the adult category. Foals (especially very young ones) will be permitted to have a guardian go backstage or onstage with them. For teen/adult contestants, no friends will be permitted to join them backstage or onstage (exceptions will be made for those with disabilities who need assistance or cosplays that require handlers – if you need assistance and do not have anyone, we can arrange for staff to help).
- Some of the rules may be relaxed at judges’ discretion for those in the Foal category.
- Staff and “official cosplayers” are not eligible to enter or win. We will have an opportunity for anyone not eligible (including OCs and non-pony cosplays) to come up after the main contestants.